Build business and personal relationships through recurring networking events.
Be the most sought-after networking group in South Florida.
Make each event better than the last by asking for feedback and help.
Have each attendee bring at least one of their most trusted and respected professional contacts as a new guest every time they come back to an event.
We host Networking Events every other Thursday, from 5:30 to 8PM. We regularly have 1 complimentary drink for each preregistered guest and use the events to promote charitable causes.
Pre-register (required) with your full name, email address, phone number and business category through our Eventbrite invitation system. We share that information with the host venue and any named co-host of the event. Sign in at the event registration table when you arrive, put on a name badge, get a drink ticket and then go network. Please follow up after the event with feedback or a testimonial on our website.
Social networking includes developing relationships for charity work, making new friendships, finding people with common interests or hobbies, and discussing current events, entertainment or the arts. Professional networking includes building relationships with potential employees, employers, vendors, partners, clients, customers and most importantly, potential referral sources. Professional networking also includes discussing the economy, business management, marketing, finance, organizational behavior, applied business technology, and more. A few people attend our events only for social networking and a few people attend only for professional networking. However, most people attend for both.
All of our prior success is due to people like you, yes you, enjoying the events and bringing new professionals they respect and trust every time they come back.
Things you can do at a PSNG event:
- Learn about other businesses
- Support a good cause or charity
- Find new business opportunities
- Introduce people
- Discuss upcoming events with other groups
- Enjoy delicious food and lovely beverages
- Set up meetings and phone calls
- Help others find jobs and contracts
- Connect other charitable and networking groups
Please help make our events GREAT!
– Invite some of your most trusted and respected professional contacts. Pre-register and forward our emailed invitations. Use the “Select Guests to Invite” link on our Facebook invitations. Consider including the message “I saw this event and thought of you.”
– Bring business cards with your name, business name, phone number and email address. If you don’t have a business card with all of this information, please get some.
– Please bring your own name badge to use multiple times to save time, money and the environment. Please add your business name or business category to your name badge.
– Dress Professionally. It feels good to look great. Dressing well helps you and our group. Venues and business owners often mention the way the whole crowd looks and how important that is. Think boardroom, not nightclub. Professional attire only, please. Gentlemen, no shorts, no sandals, no tee shirts, no jeans. Ideally, men will wear dress shoes, dress pants, dress shirt, a tie or a suit.
– Volunteer as Greeters, Photographer, Videographer, Entertainers, Promoters, Ambassadors and more. Please contact us to volunteer ASAP so we can find a role you will enjoy.
– We allow charity organizations to set up promotional display tables at the events for no charge. Please contact us to get approval.
– We want each venue to want us back. The venues provide the space and the complimentary drink for no charge to the group. Please make positive comments to the managers and owners and consider buying additional food and drink, booking your own event, and coming back another night. Tell them your are there because of PSNG.
– Tip the wait staff well. A free drink should lead to a bigger tip than normal. Bring Dollars. The excuse “I don’t have any singles on me” is unacceptable. Please tip for water and soda too. Tip staff at the bar and out in the crowd. If you don’t plan to tip, please don’t plan to come. If your beliefs or financial situation preclude you from tipping generously, please do not attend.
– Introduce yourself and others to anyone who looks like they want to meet people. Some people are less outgoing than you are. Let’s all try to make new attendees and quieter people feel welcome. Ask questions and listen.
– Expect to be approached by some people for business and by some people for socializing. We ask each guest to be respectful of all people, no matter what purpose they are attending the event to achieve. Even if you can’t provide what they want, you may be able to give them encouragement, advice or a referral.
– Gentlemen, please be aware that we ask women to name the men that make them feel uncomfortable. If your name comes up too often we will quietly ask you to leave and not return to our events. Ladies, please make note and let us know what you think we should. In more than two years this has only happened twice. We consistently have very respectful group of people.
– Please use the “Invite People to Join” link on our Facebook group page to invite friends to join. Members can learn about our group and events.
– All the people helping at the registration table are volunteers who are there to have fun and make a great event. Please compliment and thank them.
– Develop real relationships at the events. Be curious, kind, complimentary, thoughtful, respectful, helpful, warm, friendly, genuine, positive and sincere. Smile 😮
Take a moment to think
Ask yourself, how many of these things did you do for the latest event? How can you help make our events better by doing more of the things on the list? How does this help you reach your goals?